I’m back again with another great caffeinated critter from The Rabbit Hole Designs. Today it’s a square shaker card featuring the Caffeinated Narwhal. I don’t make square cards often but it just struck me as perfect when I was planning the design of this card.
To make this card, I…
- Stamped, colored, cut and set my narwhal aside.
- I cut a circle frame and a sheet of acetate and glued them together. Then covered the back of the frame with a double layer of foam tape. This creates the shaker window.
- I cut a square card base at 4.25×4.25 and adhered red wood grain paper to that. To complete the shaker part I added a pile of shaker bits to the center of the card and lined up my shaker window, sticking it down.
- Next, I wrapped twine around the shaker window twice to cover the foam tape and give it a rustic look, then glued my narwhal and sentiment flag down.
I love the primary colors that came together for this card. It’s not a typical color palette for me but sometimes you just have to go back to the basics.
Here are the stamps I used:
For more inspiration, updates and news be sure to check these places:
- The Rabbit Hole Designs
- The Rabbit Hole Designs Instagram
- The Rabbit Hole Designs Facebook Page
- The Rabbit Hole Designs Pinterest
- The Rabbit Hole Designs YouTube
I appreciate you sharing your time with me. Have a fabulous day!