Thanks for stopping by today. I’m so excited to share my first entry into the current Newton’s Nook Inky Paws Challenge. This is my first sketch challenge and it was difficult for me at first. But once I got the hang of it, ideas just started flowing.
Today I’m using the new Autumn Mice from the most recent release. I knew I had to have this set as soon as I saw it. These cuties are going to be our Thanksgiving place cards this year!
Here’s how I did it:
- I stamped, colored and die cut my images.
- Cut a kraft panel down to 4×5.25 and used distress inks over the falling leaves stencil.
- Cut a 3×4 panel, blended distress inks for ground and sky and spritzed with water.
- On a dark blue card base I glued the leaves panel directly down and then popped the smaller panel up with foam tape.
- I took my images and popped the mouse up with foam squares, glued the leaves directly down along with the back pumpkin and then popped the other pumpkins up with foam squares.
- I stamped my sentiment in brown ink below the images and started on finishing touches.
- Those are glossy accents to the mouse’s nose, black glaze pen to his eye and white gel pen accents to all the stamped images.
- The last thing I did for this card was adhere a white panel to the inside since the card base is so dark. Then I had 4 extra leaves that didn’t fit on the front and I thought they looked great along the bottom of the inside. Now it’s all finished.
Here’s a closer look at this cute mouse’s shiny nose and some of the other details too. I love him blowing in the wind. It’s just so cute! Making this mini scene was so much fun!
As I said earlier, I’m entering this card into the Inky Paws Challenge but I’m also entering it into the Simon Says Stamp Instagram Challenge since it fits in the fall category so perfectly.
Have you tried challenges before? I love how they make me think outside the box and look at my stamps differently.
I appreciate you sharing your time with me. Have a fabulous day!