Hi everyone!!! So excited to be sharing a new set from the fabulous October release for The Rabbit Hole Designs!!! Are you so excited? Today’s set is called Steeped in Happiness and I love it! I’ve made two completely different cards to share with you today. I hope you enjoy them.
For this first one I knew I wanted to try a different fold technique to make the card original. So I’ve made a gate fold card but the images on the front are attached on opposite sides. It’s really cool for the recipient. Here’s a closer look.
Isn’t that cool??? Here’s a few more details on how I made this card.
- I started with the card base 8 1/2 x 5 1/2 and scored it at 2.25 from each side to create the gate fold. Then cut patterned paper to fit the front panels and glued it down.
- I stamped, colored and cut the image out.
- I die cut 2 nested ovals – one with white cardstock that I inked lightly in the center and the other with patterned paper and glued them together. Then popped the teapot image up with foam squares.
- I glued the oval to the left flap of the gate fold.
- Next I stamped my sentiment from the set and cut a banner. This was only glued to the right flap of the card.
- For finishing touches I glued gems and sequins all around the card.
It’s a really fun card but I especially like the gate fold technique for added interest and it helps it stand up nicely too. Do you ever make cards with different folds? I think I need to try it more often. This was fun and outside of the norm for me.
For the next card, I knew that I wanted to do something completely different than my first so I spent time thinking…then it hit me. I’m a Disney freak and Alice has always been one of my favorites. So, here we go!
Do you see it??? Let me know in the comments. 😉
Here are the details:
- Printed striped paper on a toner copier and sent it through my laminator with Silver Shattered Deco Foil, then cut it down to a strip.
- Stamped and colored my image and matted in on black cardstock. Same with the sentiment.
- Now for assembly, I glued blue cardstock to a card base, then added my silver stripes and a black stripe along the edge. Then I popped up my sentiment and image panels with foam squares.
- For finishing touches on this card I scattered clear gems throughout.
I love how this card turned out! Don’t you? What will you create with this super fun tea set? I can’t wait to see!
Here are the products I used:
Every order placed will be eligible for a 10% discount. Discount Code TRHD2019 this code will only be accepted until Friday 10-04-2019 12:01 am PST. There are no exclusions on this code it is applicable to your whole order.
Please Note: There will not be free shipping available during the time this discount code is in effect. Not applicable to previous orders. May be used more than once. Does not apply to shipping and tax.
To celebrate day 1 inspiration The Rabbit Hole Designs is giving away the stamp set Steeped in Happiness to One lucky winner. Winner will be chosen at random from the comments left on participating blogs, so make sure to visit each stop and leave a comment. Leave comments by 11:59 pm PST 10-03-19 on all participating blogs. Winner will be announced on The Rabbit Hole Designs blog 10-04-2019
For more inspiration, news and updates check out these links too!