Hey there! Thanks for stopping by again. I’m still trying to get ahead on my Christmas card making whenever the fancy strikes me and today I’m here to share a set of fun cards I made with the Avery Elle Polar Peek-a-boo Pals and Wonky Frames dies.
I love all of the Peek-a-boo Pals sets Avery Elle has come out with! They are such a fun and different want to create critters doing fun things on cards. Today’s card have them peeking out of picture frames hanging on the walls. Sooo cute! Here’s how I made them:
- Stamped a wood grain background on an A2 panel and distress inked it for variegated brown tones.
- Die cut the wonky frames from white, red and green.
- I took the centers of the white ones and distress inked them, spritzed them with water and heat embossed the snowflakes from the set.
- I stamped, colored and die cut all of the critters from the set and prepared to assemble my cards.
- I glued the wood panel to the card base then the outer and inner portion of the white frame down to that.
- Now I layered the colored frames to the white ones and the critters to the centers for an added layer of dimension. Then finished those up with the piece that makes it look like it’s hanging with the bow tie.
- For finishing touches on these cards I added glossy accents to beaks, noses, and lights; black glaze gel pen to eyes; and Wink of Stella glitter brush pen to all of the frames.
Here’s a closer look at a couple of the cards. Those little accents add so much interest. I love it!
Have you started making Christmas cards yet? Leave a comment below and let me know.
As always, thank you for sharing your time with me. Have a fabulous day!