Thanks for stopping by again today. I’ve got a super fun Christmas card featuring Avery Elle’s photo mat dies and the Christmas Magic stamp set. It’s got lots of dimension and texture which makes it that much more fun! I hope you like it!
Quick card recipe:
- I started by die cutting the picture frame from white card stock and then separated the elements so I could ink them. I used Evergreen Bough Distress Ink for the grass hill and Salty Ocean for the sky. Then for the snow mound I used a fun snow pen. You just color the wet ink on the paper, use a heat tool and it puffs up like snow. It’s so awesome!
- I stamped my snowman and holly, colored and die cut them.
- Next I cut my plaid panel and adhered it to the card front. To be honest it was a happy accident that a scrap I had was about 1/2 inch too narrow for my card so I got creative. I pulled some washi tape from my stash and put it down on the left side. I love this pop of red on the card. It ties things together nicely.
- Now for assembly…I adhered the actual picture frame down and then glued the inside down like a puzzle.
- I stamped my sentiment on a speech bubble from the photo mat set and popped it and my snowman up with foam squares.
- For finishing touches I decided to add the snow pen to the pom pom of the snowman’s hat and Stickles to the holly berries and snowman’s heart.
Here’s a closer look at the snow and glitter. I didn’t used to add details like this to my cards but I can’t believe how much something so simple and fun adds to the overall look. It’s amazing and I just love doing it!
I appreciate you sharing your time with me. Have a fabulous day!