Hey there! I’m up on The Rabbit Hole Designs blog today sharing this great pumpkin friends watercolor card. I love all things Halloween and these cards have been so fun to make! I love it all!
Today I decided to get messy with watercolor. Let’s be real, I’m rarely a clean crafter but when you add paint I’m an extra mess.
- Today I used watercolor paper for the background panel and just did multiple layers of black watercolor, drying the paper in between to add texture and dimension to the paint. Then I splattered that with gold and purple watercolor and set it aside to dry.
- I stamped, colored and cut my pumpkins and popped them up with foam squares.
- I stamped and heat embossed the sentiment in gold and then stamped a spider hanging down from the bottom of it for an extra spooky look.
- For finishing touches I added glossy accents to the pumpkin’s eyes, noses and mouths and the spider’s body.
- This whole thing was glued onto a purple card base for a little pop of extra color around the edge.
Look at the light shine off the glossy accents. It really gives it a whole different look. I love it!
Here are the stamp sets I used.
For more inspiration, updates and news be sure to check these places:
- The Rabbit Hole Designs
- The Rabbit Hole Designs Instagram
- The Rabbit Hole Designs Facebook Page
- The Rabbit Hole Designs Pinterest
- The Rabbit Hole Designs YouTube
I appreciate you sharing your time with me. Have a fabulous day!