Today I’ve got two simple but vibrant cards featuring the new Avery Elle Rainbows stamp set from the recent release. I absolutely love this set and was fortunate to win their release week giveaway and got to choose it as my prize. It was the one thing I didn’t order ahead of time that I really wanted.
These cards are basically created the same way so I’ll go through it just once. Here’s how I did them:
- Stamped and heat embossed rainbow and hearts or rain drops (depending on which card) with white embossing powder.
- Stamped and heat embossed sentiment with black embossing powder.
- Both rainbows are colored with Zig Clean Color Real Brush markers and a water brush pen for the watercolor look. I want to mention that I always use Bristol Smooth Cardstock for these markers. It works perfect for blending and can withstand the water.
- The rainbow panels were trimmed down to 3.75×5 and adhered to a black cardstock panel measuring 4×5.25.
- Next I glued a piece of black craft foam that was just smaller than the black cardstock and this whole thing was glued to Lawn Fawn Really Rainbow or Perfectly Plaid paper measuring 4.25×5.5.
- Last the whole thing was adhered to a card base and set side to dry because I used liquid glue with the craft foam layer.
I love the look of these cards. They are sure to make the recipient smile with the bright watercolor vibe. This Avery Elle set is perfect and I can’t wait to get the coordinating dies to make shaped cards too!
I appreciate you sharing your time with me. Have a fabulous day!