I squeal every time I look at this card. I thought the background was trash when the colors didn’t do what I wanted them to but I set it aside and left it alone for a while. I started sifting through my background dies and found this awesome one from Neat and Tangled called snake scales. I swear it looks like mermaid scales to me though. Don’t you think?
Ahhh, I’m in love! Okay, enough swooning. Here’s how I did it:
- Smeared distress ink on my glass work mat and sprayed it with water. Drug my Bristol Smooth cardstock through the ink, heat dried it, did it again, and then again. Didn’t like it, set it aside to mull it over.
- Found my snake scales die and die cut it with the cutting side up and inked side of the paper facing down. This is helpful, I promise.
- Next, with the paper still in the die, I carefully put small drops of glue ONLY on the scales, not the frame the die also cuts. Then I placed that on a piece of cardstsock and removed the die. Last, also carefully, I removed the frame from between the scales. Viola! Totally worth the extra work and BONUS I have the frame for another card…coming soon! 😉
- Now I cut, stamped and colored my mermaid, then attached her with foam squares.
- I cut the scalloped frame from white cardstock 3 times and glued it together for dimension and added it to the front as well.
- Last I stamped my sentiment and cut it into a strip adhering it with foam tape.
- For finishing touches I added SO MUCH Wink of Stella clear glitter brush to the mermaid’s hair and tail and scattered confetti from The Rabbit Hole Designs throughout too.
Look at that sparkle! Ahhh, she’s beautiful! Really, she helps a Monday though.
The Rabbit Hole Designs actually has a new release happening today and a blog hop. Here are a couple of cards from the Design Team being shared today.
I appreciate you sharing your time with me. Have a fabulous day!