Welcome back to The Rabbit Hole Designs hop for the August release – Day 2! Today I’m sharing two cards with the new set called Inky! I love making under water cards so this set was right up my alley!
I’ve been wanting to make one of those really long cards that are so popular and this set seemed like the perfect opportunity. Here’s how I did it.
- Stamped, colored and cut all 3 octopi from Inky and the fish from Mermaid Hair and set them aside.
- Ink blended a panel for the front of the card, cut a wave border from the top and glued it to the card front.
- Next I adhered the fish to the water panel and popped the octopi up with foam squares.
- Last, I stamped the sentiment and cut a flag notch, then popped it up as well.
After that busy card I thought I would try my hand at a more clean and simple design being sure to use the ink splatter because I thought they were funny.
Here’s how I did this one:
- Stamped, colored and cut the octopus and set him aside.
- Die cut the grid frame 4 times and glued them together. I took one set of the negative inserts and colored them with copics.
- I glued the frame and inserts to a white panel where I stamped the ink blot and sentiment in black. Then I glued the octopus to the grid frame.
I just love this stamp set. It’s got great punny sentiments and awesome images that I can’t wait to use! Remember the new release is live in The Rabbit Hole Designs shop and every order placed will be eligible for a 10% discount. Discount Code TRHD2019 this code will only be accepted until Friday 08-02-2019. EXCLUDES Dies and Crafters Essentials. Not applicable to previous orders. May be used more than once. Does not apply to shipping and tax.
To celebrate day 1 inspiration The Rabbit Hole Designs is giving away the stamp set Inky to one lucky winner. Winner will be chosen at random from the comments left on participating blogs, so make sure to visit each stop and leave a comment. Leave comments by 11:59 pm PST 08-01-2019 on all participating blogs. Winner will be announced on The Rabbit Hole Designs blog 08-02-2019.
For more inspiration, updates and news be sure to check these places: