Welcome back to The Rabbit Hole Designs hop for the August release – Day 3! Today I’m sharing two cards using one of the new, fabulous stencils – circles and stars! They are 6×6 and are great for so many different techniques. Be sure to hop so you can see them all!
- I cut an over-sized panel of blue cardstock and taped it to my work surface, then taped the stars and circles stencil on top. Then, I spread a layer of texture paste over the whole thing. Once it dried I cut it down to fit the card front.
- I stamped, colored and cut a unicorn, clouds and sentiment from Sassy and set them aside.
- I cut 2 cloud borders, one from vellum and one from cardstock and glued them to the stenciled panel. The white clouds are popped up with foam tape.
- Next I added the images and finished things off with wink of stella glitter brush pen and a jewel for the “i” in unicorn.
Up close you can see the dimension the texture paste gives. It’s a fun and different way to use stencils and you can color it too! Endless possibilities.
Next up are the pups from the July release in Doggone and some ink blending with the new stencil.
Here’s how I did this one.
- Stamped, colored and cut the pups and set them aside.
- Ink blended distress inks for a rainbow effect on the card front.
- Cut a frame and glued a piece of woodgrain paper for a floor. This is glued directly to the card front.
- The pups and sentiment are popped up with foam squares and I finished it off with glossy accents on the dog noses.
I’m just starting to up my stencil game and can’t wait to try other techniques and the other designs. Remember the new release is live in The Rabbit Hole Designs shop and every order placed will be eligible for a 10% discount. Discount Code TRHD2019 this code will only be accepted until Friday 08-02-2019. EXCLUDES Dies and Crafters Essentials. Not applicable to previous orders. May be used more than once. Does not apply to shipping and tax.
To celebrate day 1 inspiration The Rabbit Hole Designs is giving away 2 of the stencils featured to one lucky winner. Winner will be chosen at random from the comments left on participating blogs, so make sure to visit each stop and leave a comment. Leave comments by 11:59 pm PST 08-01-2019 on all participating blogs. Winner will be announced on The Rabbit Hole Designs blog 08-02-2019.
For more inspiration, updates and news be sure to check these places: