This Scuba Newton set is one of my favorites ever! I am so drawn to all things ocean and water related so it’s not really a surprise but seriously, he’s so flippin’ cute! Get it? He’s got flippers? Ha! You’re welcome. 😉
This card is my second entry into the current Newton’s Nook Inky Paws Challenge. When this challenge was released I hadn’t gotten my newest order yet so I sat out all 5 of my Newton’s Nook stamp sets and started thinking how I could make it work with what I had. This was the first one that came to mind and I knew I had to try it.
Here are the details:
- Stamped, colored and cut out my images.
- Cut a panel 2.75×4 and blended distress inks for ocean and sand. Then used the waves and splashes stencil twice at the top for some texture. Then spritzed it all with water for distressing.
- I cut down a 5.25×4 panel of patterned paper and adhered it to a card base. Then popped up my ink blended panel with foam tape.
- Now I started arranging my images and gluing them down. Only Newton is popped up with foam squares on this card.
- For finishing touches on this card I used glossy accents on Newton’s goggles, white gel pen accents on the fish and Newton and glued down some bubble baubles from Honey Bee Stamps throughout.
Here’s a closer look at Newton’s shiny goggles and some of the other dimension and details of the card. It’s so bright and cheery.
I’m completely ready for fall but one last bright summery card can’t hurt, right?
This card was so fun to create. Mostly because of the coloring I chose for Newton. I’d seen others do it but couldn’t figure out the colors I should use. I decided to bit the bullet and give it a shot. I love him!
Side story: We have a neighborhood cat that does have a home but he loves to get lovin’ from anyone and everyone. We don’t know his name so we call him Pretty Kitty. And this is him! It makes me heart happy. I hope I can recreate his coloring again.
I appreciate you sharing your time with me. Have a fabulous day!