I have been so inspired by the recent fall weather at home and I love every bit of it!!! Today I’m sharing a card with Lawn Fawn’s leafy tree backdrop die, mushroom house dies, largest scalloped frame and jump for joy stamps. This card took a lot of process but it was so worth it in the end!
Teal is my favorite color and it’s such a great non-traditional fall color! I love it!
Here’s how I made my card:
- Ink blended a panel with scattered straw, cracked pistachio and peacock feathers and spritzed it with water. Then I took gold and silver watercolors and flicked that on there too.
- Die cut the scalloped frame and leafy tree backdrop and inked it with tea dye distress ink.
- Die cut the grass and mushroom borders from the mushroom house sets and inked them. Grass – scattered straw and shabby shutters. Mushroom border – antique linen. Mushroom caps – die cut from red cardstock and inked with walnut stain.
- Stamped, colored and die cut my images.
- Now for assembly. I assembled this in layers – background panel, mushroom border, leafy tree backdrop, scalloped frame, popped grass up with foam tape. Then I adhered the leaves directly down and the hedgehog and owl with foam squares.
- Then I stamped my sentiment in a teal ink to match and inked the banner with scattered straw to tone down the bright white. Then I stamped the second part of the sentiment below the banner with a mustard colored ink.
- For finishing touches I added black glaze pen to the eyes and noses, white gel pen accents to the images and a drop of antique gold Nuvo Crystal Drops on the dots of the sentiment banner.
Here’s a closer look at the sparkle in the background and the cute images! This card was kind of a process but it was so fun to just create!
I hope you enjoyed today’s card.
I appreciate you sharing your time with me. Have a fabulous day!