The newest Inky Paws Challenge from Newton’s Nook is a Halloween theme. Fabulous, right?!? Well, yes and bummer. I’m still growing my Newton’s collection so I don’t have Halloween stamps yet. I bought all fall from the last release. So, I decided to get a little creative with the adorable autumn mice.
I love these mice so much and as soon as I looked at all my sets, I knew I wanted to try making jack-o-lanterns out of the pumpkins in this image. Here are the details:
- Cut 4.25×5 inch panel from orange patterned paper. Then 1 3/4×2 3/8 rectangles from black patterned paper and adhered them down.
- Die cut a black circle and a green banner, stamping my sentiment on my banner.
- Stamped, colored and die cut my image, drawing in the pumpkin faces.
- The black circle is popped up with foam tape on the background, the mouse and banner are popped up with foam squares on that.
- Then for finishing touches I added a scattering of gems and star sequins from my stash across the background of the card. I also added glossy accents to the mouse’s nose.
Here’s a closer look at the shiny little mouse nose and some of the other details I added. I’m a bit of a perfectionist so I can tell that I drew the pumpkin faces in but overall I think this is a pretty cute card!
It was fun to stretch my stamps and try to look at them differently to get extra use out of them. Have you ever used your stamps for a completely different purpose? Let me know in the comments. Sharing ideas is the best way to spur creativity!
I appreciate you sharing your time with me. Have a fabulous day!