Happy Sunday everyone! I hope your weekend is moving along nicely. We’ve got fabulously stormy weather today and I love it! Today I’m sharing another Newton’s Nook card for the Inky Paws Challenge. It’s a little bit of a twist on this set but not a total stretch.
Here’s how I made it:
- Inked a background with walnut satin and fossilized amber distress inks and then went over the edges with black soot. Next, I took the walnut satin over the falling leaves stencil for a spooky background.
- I die cut a grassy border and inked it with mowed lawn and old paper, taking the black soot to the edges again.
- I die cut the tree trunks and inked them just with black soot.
- I stamped, colored and die cut my images from pumpkin latte and laid out my card to start assembling.
- The trees and grass are adhered with liquid glue because I find that holds better on the distress inked panels.
- Using the images for placement I stamped and heat embossed my sentiment in gold.
- For the images, all but three leaves are popped up with foam squares.
- Finishing touches on this card are black glaze pen for the coat buttons and white gel pen accents throughout.
I’m super happy with how this fun card turned out. A great sentiment, for the best time of year and a little spooky feel for Halloween.
I appreciate you sharing your time with me. Have a fabulous day!