Good morning everyone. Thanks for stopping by again. Today I’m sharing my final entry into the current Newton’s Nook Inky Paws Challenge.
I finally got my hands on a Halloween Newton stamp at one of my local craft stores. I’m not going to lie, it involved begging and pleading. They were on reserve for a class they have scheduled but I convinced them I really needed it. 🙂
The card design is bright and fun which is my favorite for Halloween. Here are some more details how I made it.
- Started with a dark gray card base, 3 3/4 in square green panel, 2 3/4 inch circle from patterned paper and some banners in varying widths.
- I stamped the bats from the set on the green panel in gray ink to make my own patterned paper.
- Then I stamped, colored and cut out my images from the Witchy Newton set.
- Using all the pieces loosely laid out to help with placement, I stamped and heat embossed my sentiment.
- Now for assembly, I glued the green panel and banners directly to the card front. The circle is popped up with foam tape and so are the bats. However, Newton is popped up with an action wobbler so it shakes around when you flick it. I love these things! They are so fun!
- For finishing touches I added glossy accents to Newton’s nose, Nuvo Crystal Drops to the shoe buttons and around the background of the card.
Such a fun card! I can’t wait to share it with someone at Halloween-time. I loved coloring this image and have so many other ideas in mind. I’m thinking a shaker tag for a fun treat box would be awesome! Stay tuned at the beginning of October for some extra fun I have in store along those lines!
I appreciate you sharing your time with me. Have a fabulous day!