Hey everyone! Sharing this super shiny Caffeinated Owl card today from The Rabbit Hole Designs. In reality, it’s probably too shiny for this owl but I love it! I know the Therm-O-Web collab is over but I’m still loving those products for awesome backgrounds like today’s.
Here’s how I made it:
- Took a black cardstock panel and, using my trusty Pixie Spray (I’m addicted now!) adhered my stencil down and spread Deco Foil transfer gel across it and left it to dry. I intentionally made the gel high and low and almost distressed looking instead of smooth and even. You could do it either way depending the look you’re going for.
- This is when I stamped, colored and cut out my owl.
- Once the background was dry, I heated up my laminator and sent the black panel through with aqua Deco Foil. To do this I took a piece of parchment paper and folded it in half. Inside of that I put my cardstock with the dried transfer gel and then the aqua Deco Foil (color-side up) on top of that and sent it through my laminator.
- For assembly, I cut my foiled piece at an angle and adhered it to a black card base. Then added a piece of gold washi tape across the seam for a break in the color. I really like what this added to the card.
- Next, using my owl for placement I stamped and heat embossed my sentiment along the edge. Then popped my owl up with foam squares.
Voila! This card is done! I am in love with the aqua deco foil, especially with the black card stock. I can’t wait to try it with other cardstock colors, maybe for Christmas. I love red and teal together for non-traditional Christmas colors.
I appreciate you sharing your time with me. Have a fabulous day!
Here are the products I used:
For more information, news and updates check out these links.