Happy Friday Everyone! I am so excited to be apart of a special Instagram hop called Ink Pink! It’s a group of cardmakers getting together to bring a different awareness and thought to the Think Pink movement. We’ve all made pink inspirational/thinking of you cards to share with you. There are prizes up for grabs too so be sure to check it out.
I have a fun card to share with you today and I also have a very special guest joining me to share a card as well. My daughter was excited about this event and wanted to get in on the action as well. I hope you enjoy both cards we are sharing today. Be sure to leave her some comment love to let her know how she’s doing.
Aren’t these cards so fun! I’ve never made a monotone card before but it was so fun I’ll have to try it again. And my daughter thought it was great fun to color penguins in silly colors.
Here’s the recipe for my card:
- Used a cloud stencil and my new Trinity Stamps ink blending brushes to create the background.
- Die cut a Lawn Fawn grassy border and inked the top edge.
- Die cut the largest Lawn Fawn stitched scalloped rectangle frame.
- Stamped, colored and die cut my images from Coaster Critters.
- Layered everything together and glued it down.
- Last I stamped my sentiments in pink ink!
- For finishing touches I added glossy accents to the wheel hubs on the coaster cars and white gel pen accents all over.
Micaela’s card recipe:
- Die cut largest Lawn Fawn stitched rectangle from light blue cardstock.
- Die cut second rectangle from white and then use stitched hillside borders to cut snow hills.
- Stamped, colored and die cut images from snow cool and here we go a-waddling.
- Adhered everything together.
- Finally die cut fancy wavy banner and stamped sentiment from wavy sayings in pink ink! and adhered it down as well.
Didn’t these pink cards turn out so great?!? I love them both! My daughter leans toward clean and simple; where white space terrifies me and makes my brain hurt. LOL! I love how our opposite looks achieve the same things…smiles for the recipients!
Be sure to head over to Instagram and hop along with the group for wonderful inspiration and comment for chances to win fun prizes from great sponsors! You can start with me and keep hopping until you end up where you began. My Instagram handle is @twiddlersnook.
I appreciate you sharing your time with me. Have a fabulous day!