Hello there! Today is my final share for the current Inky Paws Challenge with Newton’s Nook. I love how I was able to take a sketch and create 3 completely different cards. They were for different occasions, totally different colors and I was able to use different stamp sets each time too! This challenge was so fun to play along with.
Without further ado, here’s today’s card share!
For this card I did things a little different by choosing some products I wanted to use first and worked around those. This is how I did it:
- Stamped, colored and cut my Newton’s Birthday Balloons image.
- When I colored him in I knew I wanted to try a rainbow of clouds on the tag behind him so that’s what I did next. Using a stencil and blending brushes, I inked a rainbow of clouds on a tag I had cut out.
- I also knew that I wanted to use the bubbly stencil so I chose my background color and used texture paste on the stencil. I set that aside to try while I decided on the rest of the card.
- I chose patterned papers for the strip and flag, then played with my final layout to figure out where I wanted my sentiment. Once that was decided I went ahead and stamped it.
- After everything was dry, I worked on assembly.
- I glued the stenciled panel to a card base, then the strip and flag were glued to that.
- Newton is popped up with foam squares on the tag and the tag is popped up with foam tape.
- I did add ribbon and baker’s twine to the tag hole.
- A couple of finishing touches to this card were glossy accents to Newton’s nose and toe beans and then Wink of Stella glitter brush pen to the balloons and present.
Here’s a look at the glossy accents. I love how much these details add to the final card. It’s so great in the light.
And he’s a great view of all that shimmer glitter from the Wink of Stella. This is something I seriously play with every time I use it on a card. It’s mesmerizing!
Please be sure to stop by tomorrow. There is a VERY special guest joining me, along with an Instagram event to join in on too! I really hope to hear from you for that.
Thank you for sharing your time with me. Have a fabulous day!