Hey everyone! I’m over at The Rabbit Hole Designs blog today with this wicked cool light-up card using the Caffeinated Owl stamp. This was my first attempt at a light up card and with the help of my friend Amanda at Pear Blossom Press, it was super easy and I’m excited to try it again.
Here’s how I did it:
- Die cut a circle from a white panel and set the circle aside.
- Ink blended the main panel like a night sky, splattered with water and gold watercolor. Then layered vellum behind the opening.
- Next ink blended the circle yellow for a moon…or sun, whichever you prefer. This was glued directly to my card front.
- Stamped, colored and cut my caffeinated owl and die cut a branch for him to sit on. Using my images as a guide I also stamped and heat embossed “push here” where the button would be hiding.
- At this point I laid out and glued my light and circuitry down. Check out Pear Blossom Press for info on that.
- After that was glued down I popped my sky panel up with double-layer foam tape and glued my branch and owl directly to it.
- I stamped and heat embossed a sentiment, cutting it into a strip and popping it up with foam squares.
Here’s a look at it all lit up! It’s so fun!!! My whole family keeps playing with it. I think this owl might be my favorite in the caffeinated critter collection. Thank you so much for joining me today. I’ll chat with you again soon.
The products I used are:
For more information, news and updates check out these links: