I’ve been itching to try one of these cards since Mother’s Day when my family surprised me with a huge Mama Elephant haul! I was totally overwhelmed. It was fantastic and I’ve been having so much fun with all of it.
If you’re interested in the basics of the wiper surprise click here to go to the Mama Elephant You Tube page for a tutorial. Otherwise here are the basics on how I created this adorable birthday card.
- I stamped, colored and die cut all the critters and bigger accessories from the Party Animals stamp set.
- Cut two panels from the main die in the wiper surprise set. Using a Simon Says Stamp cloud stencil I blended cracked pistachio distress ink on the back panel for a sky effect. Then covered the other panel with mowed lawn distress ink and die cut with a Lawn Fawn grassy border die cut.
- Following the video, I assembled the basics of the card and wiper mechanism first and then embellished with the critters.
- Since I used a combination of liquid glue and tape runner, I let it sit for a minute so the glue could dry. To finish it off I added white gel pen accents throughout the images and glossy accents to all the noses, candle flames, stars on the hats and both balloons.
- The next morning when the glossy accents were dry, I stamped a stacked sentiment on the right side to complete this fun birthday card.
Look at that little chickie popping up when you pull the sides. It’s just to die for! I love this so much, I keep playing with it over and over again.
I appreciate you sharing your time with me. Have a fabulous day!