I’m back again today with that fabulous Rabbit Hole Designs May release. Today we’re playing with Mermaid Hair. Anyone who knows me, knows how ME this set is! I couldn’t wait to play with it and after this one card, I’m completely hooked!
- Stamp mermaid and fish throughout copic friendly cardstock and color them in.
- Stamp and cut masks for all of your images. I use full-stick post-it notes. They have sticky on the entire back of the sheet and work great.
- Blend distress inks all over your background. I focused the lightest color in the center, getting darker closer to the edge. Colors used were salty ocean, mermaid lagoon and blueprint sketch. Then spritz with a water sprayer and blot off.
- Next, the big reveal of taking off all that masking and seeing your beautiful creation!
- Trim down the mermaid panel to measure 3.75×5. Add a teal mat underneath measuring 4×5.25. Glue together and adhered to a black card base.
- Stamp the sentiment and heat emboss on vellum. Run the strip through a Xyron sticker maker to cover the entire back with adhesive and adhere to the panel.
- To finish this card I added Nuvo Crystal Drops in morning dew to the mermaid’s bubbles, the jellyfish and gave all of the fish a bubble or two as well.
- Inside the black card I added a piece of teal cardstock to have an area to write a message.
- All finished, beautiful and vibrant!
I’m so in love with this mermaid set! All of the images are just adorable and so versatile. My mind is spinning with many more ideas so stay tuned!
I appreciate you sharing your time with me. Have a fabulous day!