We’re chugging along through the week. Thanks for taking a moment to stop in an see what I’m up to. Today it’s a fun distress ink Mama Elephant card featuring the new hilly thanks die and panda stamps. It’s bright and fun and I love how much is going on all over it.
Here’s how I did it:
- Blended distress inks on a cardstock panel – picked raspberries and salty ocean – and spritz with water.
- Die cut hilly thanks from the distress ink panel and also from black craft foam. Then glued the thanks hill cardstock and foam together so the bottom part of the card pops up.
- Glued top and bottom panels to the card front fitting the letters and their negative spaces together.
- Stamped and die cut pandas and lanterns. Color lanterns yellow – I used Zig Clean Color Real Brush Markers but anything works for this teeny amount of coloring.
- Adhered these images to the card front with liquid glue.
- For finishing touches I drew a line connecting the lanterns together, added glossy accents to them for that great shiny look and glued a scattering of confetti bits on the bottom part of the card.
I love the dimension and shadow the black foam gives the hill and letters. Sometimes it’s the smallest things that make such a big impact on the card’s design.
I appreciate you sharing your time with me. Have a fabulous day!