Happy 4th of July to all of my American followers! I hope you have a happy and safe holiday!
I love making my own decorations for the 4th. I don’t know why but I’m drawn to them every year. This year I made some wands to display in a jar at the table with our snack food and thought they would be fun to share with you.
Here’s how I made them:
- Die cut 2 of the largest puffy stars and one of the smallest from all 3 Doodlebug papers that I had.
- Scored each large star from the point to the indent directly across on all 5 points. Then fold the score lines alternating hill and valley around all of the stars.
- Hot glued the tips of the coordinating stars together and then hot glued a paper straw inside the bottom of each.
- Next, I hot glued a contrasting small star to the front of each large star and topped that with a clear sequin and a red gem stone.
- Last I found some random red, white and blue ribbons in my stash and tied them to the straw for a little extra interest.
Here’s a closer look at the stars where you can really see the layered embellishments.
As a family, we love the 4th and are super excited to bbq, play games outside and celebrate all day long. What are you doing this year? I’d love for you to share in the comments below.
I appreciate you sharing your time with me. Have a fabulous day!
6 thoughts on “Lawn Fawn Puffy Stars Wands”
These are a perfect decoration for the 4th.
These are adorable Amanda! 😍😍😍
Thank you so much! ❤️💙❤️💙
These are so cute! They would be a great 4th of July party favor for kids of all ages. 😊
They totally would! Great idea!!!