Thanks for stopping by today. I’m sharing my last entry into the current Inky Paws Challenge. It’s all about color this time.
My collection of Newton’s Nook cuties is just starting out so I didn’t have a lot to choose from. The llamas I shared earlier were just perfect for this color palette but I decided to try and stretch myself with something else for this entry. I think it ended up fabulous and would be great for a fall birthday.
Here’s how I did it.
- I stamped, colored and cut out Newton and set him aside.
- Cut a 4×5.25 inch yellow patterned paper and a strip of coordinating paper to 4×2 inches. I wrapped brown ribbon around them and tied a knot. Then I glued that panel to a white card base.
- Die cut 2 ovals and stamped the cloud from the set on the smaller one in teal ink. These are glued together and popped up with foam tape and then Newton is popped up on that with foam tape as well.
- I stamped my sentiment at the bottom with the same teal ink as the clouds.
- For finishing touches I put glossy accents on the balloons and Newton’s nose, Wink of Stella glitter brush on the clouds (so much sparkle) and scattered clay hearts from Honey Bee Stamps around the card.
Here’s a closer look at the glossy accents and the glittery clouds. It adds so much interest to this card. I love it!
I appreciate you sharing your time with me. Have a fabulous day!